Friday, April 11, 2014

Fanoos, Bangalore

Fanoos
17, Hosur Road,
Near Johnson Market,
Richmond Town,
Bangalore
080 61344898


What can I say about Fanoos? It has been a favourite for over 20 years now. 20+ years back it was all we could afford half way through the month. 15 years back, it was the only place open in the middle of the night, once the pubs had closed down and we needed to eat something greasy and filling, so we could get to office in the morning, without a pounding headache. Now, when I return to Bangalore on trips, I just HAVE to stop here and at least eat one roll, even if I have have back-to-back breakfast/lunch/tea and dinner appointments/meetings.



What started out as a tiny roadside joint on a stret corner of Richmond Town has now been upgraded, as I saw on my last trip to Bangalore, but the taste remains as wow as ever.


Their beef rolls are the fastest selling item on the menu. In the 'upgraded' fanoos, they have seperated the beef and non beef sections, although it is the beef section which continues to do the most roaring business.

The beef sheekh, chicken sheekh and mutton mince are old favourites of ours. But everything else on the rolls menu are also great including the liver roll (trust me it tastes better than it sounds). I haven't tried too much of their non-rolls menu, nor have I bothered with their shawarmas.


On my last trip here, we ordered a sambo roll just for kicks. The amount of meat in it, has to be seen to be believed and all for the price of 135/- its practically a meal for 2. The sambo roll has about 6 times the meat of a normal seekh roll (35/-).

This isn't just a nostalgic favourite. My kid sister is 11 years younger than me and Fanoos is a favourite among her friend circle too.

Rating : 4.5 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis