Saturday, June 21, 2014

Birmies, Ahmedabad

Birmies
13, Ground Floor, Antriksh Complex,
Panjrapole Cross Road,
IIM Road,
Vastrapur,
Ahmedabad
079 26305874, +91 9898136475

I stopped at Birmies, thinking it was a coffee shop, that could serve me a nice cold coffee and a slightly heavy snack. Sadly, although there was cold coffee on the menu, it wasn't available this evening, so I had to settle for a heavy snack.


On recommendation from friends who had been here before, I ordered the vegetarian spring rolls (91/-) and the crispy vegetables (96/-). I have to say that these are the best Indian-Chinese spring rolls that I have eaten in a multi-cuisine restaurant in Ahmedabad.


The crispy vegetables were nice too, with a mix of zucchini, carrot, beans, cauliflower, and some other veggies - deep fried in a tempura type rather than pakoda type batter. It was served with an interesting Indian-Chinese type mix sauce.



For takeaway, again on recommendation from a friend, I ordered the hum pum paneer with garlic bread (124/-). That however, turned out to be too tomato saucy for my taste. The gravy tasted like tomato sauce with sauteed onions, tomatoes and capsicum.


Husband did like the manchow soup (53/-) that I carried home for him and there's also a veg sweet corn soup (53/-) in the refrigerator, waiting to be eaten.

Prices are extremely reasonable, especially given that it is an air conditioned, sit down restaurant and service was polite. No wonder they attract so much of the student crowd around this area.



The walls are decorated with interesting murals. Food on one side and a warli style tribal painting on the other.

Rating : 3.5 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis