Saturday, June 07, 2014

Cake My Day, Ahmedabad

Cake My Day
Shop 2,
Opposite Star India Bazaar (and opp Skyblue),
Iskcon Park,
Satellite,
Ahmedabad

+91 8488048804

Headed here, since so many friends have been raving about the cakes here, some even going as far as to say that their cupcakes here, were better than those at Buttercupp. The pictures I saw them post were definitely of a much higher standard than the regular cakes available in the city.


When I visited on Friday, there were exactly 4 cupcakes, 3 slices of chocolate truffle and 3 different flavours of fondant covered chocolate cakes.


I tried the chocolate cupcake, taste wise it was nice, but it was way too dry for me. the light warming up in the micro - 10 seconds was good, but it did not melt the icing enough to add moisture to the cupcake.

The guy at the counter later told me that they had not yet opened, they open at 4 pm on Fridays and I had strolled in at 4.45, so the fresh cakes had not yet come out of the oven.

Guess I will have to try it again, but based on this particular experience, I would say that they are just average.

Rating : 3 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis