Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Carluccio's - Pinner, London

Carluccio's,
15 High Street,
Pinner HA5 5PJ


020 84290470


I was very excited when my friends whom I was visiting in Pinner, suggested Carluccios for dinner, as I used to love this restaurant in Dubai. However, this is a much smaller space and I missed the hustle and bustle of the sprawling Dubai mall outlet.

We had a 6 year old with us and they served her, her kids meal pretty quickly and gave her a coloring kit to keep her busy. Our food took a little more time to arrive.

They have plenty of vegetarian options too on the menu if you are so inclined.


My fried calamari (6.25) was perfect, with a crisp exterior and the perfect texture of the squid itself.


I had the pasta con funghi which was pappardelle tossed with multiple varieties of fresh mushrooms (shitake, oyster, porcini & botton varieties) and absolutely fresh pasta that was delicious.




My friends had a foccacia all'aglio (3.75) - chargrilled garlic bread,  pea and mint soup that was a special for the day and quite good and a penne giardiniera (8.55) which was pasta with grated zucchini balls that had been deep fried - also quite interesting.


For dessert we ordered one of the days specials that was like a really boozy Tiramisu, with extra chocolate, which was absolutely outstanding.


Rating : 3.5 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis